Conclave is the most important conference available to all business/marketing teachers. Why? Conclave draws the nation’s best teachers of:
And, the best of the best come to share ideas, strategies, connections, and more!
With so many different types of presentations available, odds are you can find one that fits your interests and your ideas.
Since all sessions emphasize take-home value, the most likely proposals to be accepted are:
- Classroom or community projects that are replicable in other schools
- Specific strategies for integrating student organizations (BPA, DECA, or FBLA), academics, or technology
- Program development (marketing and promotion) that help build enrollment of better position programs
- Ideas for increasing participation of the business community
- Other new, different, creative, and replicable ideas to help strengthen the overall offering of Business Administration curricula.
Topics of interest for 2017
All session topics will be considered, but priorities for the 2017 Conclave include:
- Substantive classroom projects
- Use and sources of data for program improvement
- Trends, vision, and issues relevant in today’s educational environment
- Integration of and support for Common Core Standards (particularly projects and activities that demonstrate and document full integration)
- Student engagement strategies and tactics, specifically those that are specific to learning outcomes of the national Business Administration standards
- Integration of technology specific to learning outcomes of the national Business Administration standards
- Involvement of the business community in new and creative ways
- Integration of eLearning in a blended learning environment
- Program positioning: Branding of business/marketing programs
- Student recruiting strategies, plans, and tactics
- Marketing plans that address specific audiences
- Communications strategies, plans, and tactics (including social media)
- Positioning SWOT analyses or comparable activities
- HS/College Connections ◦Shared project and activities
- Unique partnership arrangements
- Various uses of technology
- Creative articulation agreements
- Creative use of CTSO’s
- Certification, exam, and other student measures
Types of sessions/Travel stipend
There are several different types of sessions and each offers a stipend to help cover part of your cost of participating. Stipends are available only to individuals registered for the conference and registered at the conference hotel (local presenters excepted). (You may earn stipends for up to three different activities.)
- 2 1/2-hour hands-on workshops ($350*)
- 6-hour hands-on workshop ($600)
- Concurrent 45-minute sessions ($250*)
- QuickStop 20-minute show and tell ($50*)
- DeepThink Roundtable (90-minute) facilitator/presenter ($150*)
*For repeated sessions (same topic), the stipend is 50%.
How to apply
To apply to present, simply click on this application link and complete the application.