Established in 1971, MBA Research is a non-profit (501(c)3) organization incorporated in the state of Ohio. MBA Research is organized as a consortium of 30 state education departments and other organizations.
Vision: MBA Research shall be the recognized leader in the development of programs, strategies, and curricula to prepare students for career-oriented, leadership positions in business and marketing.
Mission: to support educators in the preparation of students for careers in business and marketing.
- Standards Research: Develop curriculum standards by identifying and documenting business activity, strategy, and success factors likely to advance students careers.
- Assessment: Develop assessment tools to document student learning for instructional improvement and accountability.
- Professional Development: Develop tools and processes to support sustained and focused programs to improve teaching strategies for the delivery of integrated academic and career-technical curriculum.
- Instructional Support: Develop and disseminate curricula and instructional materials focusing on critical business functions and professional behaviors.
- Delivery Strategies: Support various instructional and learning strategies, including school-based, work-based, and CTSO-based activities.
- Clearinghouse: Select and make available appropriate curriculum materials developed by various external organizations.
- Advocacy: Advocate education for and about business and career preparation.
- Operational: Maintain an effective, efficient, equitable, fiscally responsible, and service-oriented organization.
Premises: The mission and goals are achieved, in part, through:
- provision of products and services to benefit learners
- ongoing, scientifically conceived research activities
- collaborative efforts with other agencies and organizations
- use of appropriate technology
- efficient management and administration
- equitable personnel policies
- use of strategic planning
- efficient information management
- conservative fiscal policies
- clearinghouse activities to provide selected products and services developed by other organizations and individuals.
Specialized Services: Occupational analysis, Facilitation of business partnerships (specific to curriculum and instruction), Professional development (workshops, presentations, etc.), Custom curriculum design, including instructional materials and strategies, Consulting specific to competency-based curriculum and instruction and supporting classroom strategies.